Wieliczka – Miner’s RouteBook now Available in: (PL) English, Pусский and other languages on request
See the Mine from the side of the miner. Descend underground by the oldest existing mine shaft, the Regis, and follow the trail located off the busy touristic routes. Feel like the miner; wear the working clothes, take the mining equipment and the task given by the guide, known at the mine as the chargeman. Experience the underground life and uncover the secrets of mining and unknown chambers. Learn how to set the path, measure the concentration of methane, dig and transport salt.
|175 PLN||150 PLN|
Miner's Route Tour includes:
- hotel/hostel pick-up
- transport by air conditioned minibus
- professional Salt Mine guide
- professional tour leader
- a helmet and miner's equipment
- hotel/hostel drop-off
Duration of the tour:
ca. 4-5 hours
The Wieliczka Salt Mine - Miner's Route Tour is organized from 1st April 2016.
Departure time depends on the pick up point. You will receeive all information while booking. The Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour is unavailable on Jan 1st, Easter Sunday, Nov 1st, Dec 24th, 25th.
- The visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort.
- The trail does not connect with the Tourist Route and associated chambers - including the Chapel of St. Kinga.
- Before exploring, you will need to complete some formalities. Please consult the complete documentation.
- The visit is always conducted under the supervision of a guide.
- The expedition is open to people of 12 years of age and older. Minors can only visit with a guardian.
- Tourists receive a protective coverall and mining equipment: a lamp, a POG absorber and a helmet.
- Please bring warm clothing. Temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C.
- Bring comfortable, waterproof footwear.
- Smoking, the use of open fire and flashlights is not allowed at the mine.
More about the tour:
You will descend into the mine by an elevator to Level I (57m) and come up from Level IIn (101m). The whole tour lasts about 4-5 hours. You will spend around 2,5 hours in the Salt Mine. If you would like to take photos, you have to buy permission at the entrance. During this tour there is no lunch break. If you have bought a student ticket, please do not forget to bring your student card (please do remember that student tickets are only for people under the age of 25). After your arrival back in Krakow, you will be dropped off at your pick up point.
Customers who chose those trip chose also:
Discover the most spectacular gorge of Europe – the Dunajec River George. You will have a chance to admire one of the most amazing scenery of the Polish highlands!Read more Book now
Beat a mountain river in special and attested pontoons! Maximum of adrenaline provided! Great fun for everyone! All participants take part in rafting! Fantastic teamwork time! Rafting is an extreme sport however we can easily adapt the level for group's requirements.Read more Book now
Feel the wonderful atmosphere of winter and Christmas in Poland and make your stay in Krakow unforgettable! Visit magical Christmas market, learn about Polish Christmas traditions and customs, try local delicious food and mulled wine, enjoy horse-drawn sleigh ride or a day on a ski slope. Let us take you to our winter wonderland!Read more Book now