Wieliczka – Miner’s RouteBook now Available in:
See the Mine from the side of the miner. Descend underground by the oldest existing mine shaft, the Regis, and follow the trail located off the busy touristic routes. Feel like the miner; wear the working clothes, take the mining equipment and the task given by the guide, known at the mine as the chargeman. Experience the underground life and uncover the secrets of mining and unknown chambers. Learn how to set the path, measure the concentration of methane, dig and transport salt.
|175 PLN||150 PLN|
- hotel/hostel pick-up
- transport by air conditioned minibus
- professional Salt Mine guide
- professional tour leader
- a helmet and miner's equipment
- hotel/hostel drop-off
|1st APRIL-31st OCTOBER|
- The visit is an active expedition and requires increased physical effort.
- The trail does not connect with the Tourist Route and associated chambers - including the Chapel of St. Kinga.
- Before exploring, you will need to complete some formalities. Please consult the complete documentation.
- The visit is always conducted under the supervision of a guide.
- The expedition is open to people of 12 years of age and older. Minors can only visit with a guardian.
- Tourists receive a protective coverall and mining equipment: a lamp, a POG absorber and a helmet.
- Please bring warm clothing. Temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C.
- Bring comfortable, waterproof footwear.
- Smoking, the use of open fire and flashlights is not allowed at the mine.
Customers who chose those trip chose also:
The only salt mine in the world preserved in such pristine condition and placed on the original UNESCO list of the World Heritage Sites ! 135 meters underground! Visited by more than 1 million tourists a year!Read more Book now
Explore the oldest Salt Mine in Poland and enjoy the unique opportunity to take a ride on an underground train and a slide down the world’s longest, 140-metre slide connecting 2 levels of the mine. Learn about the history of salt mining, the hardships of miners’ work as well as the history of Poland thanks to Bochnia's Multimedia Exposition. Want more ? Every Sunday we will take you on an underground ferry ride. Available only with SeeKrakow.Read more Book now