Birkenau Camp was the largest German Nazi Concentration Camp, which was established in the year 1941 on the outskirts of Oświęcim (Auschwitz). That is a place, in which millions of people died from the hands of the Nazis. The memory of the victims of this most horrific crime in the history of humanity survived as a result of having secured the former Camp premises, where a Museum was created, and owing to the shocking accounts of those who survived the imprisonment period. One of the victims of the war tragedy was Marian Kołodziej – a former prisoner of KL Auschwitz-Birkenau, nr 432, who was brought to the Camp by the first transport. The exhibition of his unusual sketches documenting the conditions of life in the Camp is one of the most stirring testimonies to the atrocities committed by German Nazis during World War II.
The price includes a visit to the Birkenau Camp and Monowitz Camp, as well as a guided tour of the exhibition of sketches created by the former prisoner. Tourists also get a lunchbox, a brochure with a map, and have an opportunity to watch a related documentary.
1.This is a regular tour (group sightseeing), but can be organised as a private tour on request.
2. Tour duration: up to 8 hours
3. For safety reasons, before entering the museum, every participant in required to undergo a search and luggage inspection.
4. The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum allows you to bring a hand luggage item with maximum dimensions of 30 ˣ 20 ˣ 10 centimetres (11.8 ˣ 7.8 ˣ 3.9 inches). In case of larger luggage, please contact us before the tour.
5. Due to the nature of the tour (visiting the site of a former extermination camp), the participants are requested to respect the memory of the dead by dressing and behaving appropriately.
6. The Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum can only be visited with an official museum educator.
7. Auschwitz-Birkenau is an open-air museum, where the weather can change rapidly. Therefore, the participants are required to bring warm, waterproof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas) and sun-protective items (e.g. hats, caps, sunglasses).
8. The participants will be walking on a ground which becomes muddy in case it rains. Therefore, they should wear comfortable, waterproof shoes.
9. Only pay toilets are available around the museum.
10. During the holiday period (Christmas, Easter) the availability and prices of trips will change. For more details, please contact the seller.
1. Students ticket (13-25 years) with a valid student ID card.
2. Child ticket (5-12 years) and infant ticket (0-4 years) with a document confirming age.
3. Infant/Child tickets are available only to families travelling with children.
4. Prices of discount tickets are offered only to individual tourists, not to groups.
5. Child/Infant tickets DO NOT include headset at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum. Only adult and student tickets inculde headset. If you wish to receive headset for your child/infant ou are required to purchase student ticket.
The Birkenau Camp was originally intended to be a Camp for Soviet prisoners of war, but it eventually became a concentration Camp for all prisoners, regardless of nationality, and a main place Jewish extermination, in accordance with the ,,Final solution to the Jewish question”. It was here where more than 1.1 million prisoners were murdered. A visit to the Birkenau Museum makes it possible to realize the terrible fate of the victims and to deepen the knowledge about what the Holocaust was.
The exhibition entitled ‘Negatives of memory. Labyrinths’ is located on the lower storey of the Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Harmęże. It is an exhibition of drawings by Marian Kołodziej, a former prisoner of KL Auschwitz, who arrived at the Camp with the first transport. Apart from their undeniable artistic value, the drawings are also the testimony of a victim and eyewitness to horror.
Prüfen Sie Ihre Reservierung mithilfe von Handy oder Tablet nach
Wir kooperieren nur mit erfahrenen und qualifizierten ReiseführernBreite Auswahl von Ausflügen
Wir veranstalten regelmäßige und private Ausflüge, für die großen und kleinen Gruppen
Mehrmals erhielten wir den Titel von Leader der Reiseveranstalters Der Preis wird von der Salzmine Wieliczka ausgezeichnet.