The trip to Częstochowa is an unusual occasion to learn the history of the Jasna Góra Monastery and its significance for people who have pilgrimaged there for centuries. The icon of the Virgin Mary with the Child granted to the Pauline Fathers on 9th August 1382 attracted famous Polish writers and kings who wanted to experience a personal encounter. To this day, there is a belief in the existence of an unexplained force hidden in the walls of this place in the hearts of people.. During the tour, tourists will visit the Basilica of Jasna Góra, the Chapel of the Miraculous Painting of the Black Madonna and the Vault in which gifts offered to the Black Madonna over the centuries were placed. The itinerary of the trip also includes a sightseeing tour of the Museum of the 600th Anniversary, the leitmotif of which is the cultural and artistic activity of the Pauline Fathers, who are regarded as guardians of Jasna Góra. On the way back, tourists will stop at the foot of the castle ruins, where the Spichlerz restaurant is located in a valuable Old Polish building representing wooden folk architecture in the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland. In the restaurant tourists will taste one of the most popular Polish dishes – pierogi (dumplings) – while enjoying a captivating view of the beauty of the surrounding nature.
1. This is a regular tour (group sightseeing), but can be organised as a private tour on request.
2. Tour duration: 9–10 hours
3. Częstochowa is a town located in Southern Poland, approx. 100 kilometres (62 miles) away from Kraków, where the air temperature is usually different than in Kraków. Therefore, the participants are required to bring warm, waterproof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas) and sun-protective items (e.g. hats, caps, sunglasses).
4. This is a walking tour, so the participants should wear comfortable sports shoes.
5. Due to the nature of the tour (visiting a church), the participants are requested to respect the religious feelings of others by dressing and behaving appropriately.
6. The tour includes a tasting of products (meat or vegetarian pierogi) which may contain allergens.
Częstochowa The Black Madonna Tour is unavailable on December 23rd.
Together with the Jasna Góra Monastery located in its central part, Częstochowa has been a pilgrimage site for centuries; today, visited by almost 5 million people every year, it conceals a secret power that attracts people. The thing that builds confidence in people so much is the presence of an icon depicting the Black Madonna with the Child. Although the origin and the authorship of the painting has not been clarified until today, the miraculous powers attributed to it are confirmed by documented events. Consequently, the painting still attracts crowds of people, regardless of their place of residence. The Częstochowa story of the icon and the events that took place in the complex over the years will be told during the sightseeing tour of the monastery and museum part, and the vault in which votive offerings are collected. The sightseeing tour is followed by a period of spare time. Apart from the specially arranged sightseeing tour of the Jasna Góra monastery complex, the trip to Częstochowa will allow you to see the beauty of the Silesian landscape. The carefully prepared itinerary of the trip will lead you along the most beautiful roads of the Kraków-Częstochowa Upland, which is built of limestone rocks. The scheduled stop in the Spichlerz restaurant will give tourists the opportunity to enjoy the surrounding nature.
Check your booking on your phone or tablet
We cooperate only with qualified and experienced tour leaders and guides
We organise regular and private tours, for small and large groups
We have been named the leader of the year among tour operators a number of times. The award is presented by Wieliczka Salt Mine.