Skip the lines and visit one of the world’s most remarkably preserved mines, the Wieliczka Salt Mine, on this trip from Kraków. Dating back to the 13th century, this mine produced table salt up until the year 2007 and was designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1978. Lying on nine levels, the mine’s original excavations stretch for the total of 300 kilometers and reach a depth of up to 327 meters.
Descend into the mine by a staircase (380 steps) to the 1st level (at a depth of 64 meters) and return to the surface by lift from the 3rd level (at a depth of 135 meters). You can marvel at the Wieliczka Mine’s impressive corridors as well as its remarkable statues and figures. Carved into walls of rock salt by miners, or sculpted from dissolved salt by contemporary artists, these works of art help to describe the rich past of this historic site.
The mine also has a long tradition of tourism attracting famous visitors such as Nicolaus Copernicus, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, and Frederic Chopin. Take in the history of this important historic site, before taking the short trip back to Kraków.
1. This is a regular tour (group sightseeing), but can be organised as a private tour on request.
2. Tour duration: up to 5 hours
3. For safety reasons, before entering the mine, every participant in required to undergo a search and luggage inspection.
4. The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine allows you to bring a hand luggage item with maximum dimensions of 35 ˣ 20 ˣ 20 centimetres (13.7 ˣ 7.8 ˣ 7.8 inches).
5. The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine is located 135 metres (443 feet) underground, where the air temperature is approx. 14–16 degrees Celsius (57–61 degrees Fahrenheit). Therefore, the participants should bring warm clothes (e.g. sweaters, jackets).
6. This is partly a walking tour, so the participants should wear comfortable sports shoes.
7. The mine tour begins with walking down 800 stairs underground and ends with a lift ride.
8. The price does not include:
– food and drinks
– optional photography fees
9. Meeting point:
Car/bus parking located next to Wieliczka-Rynek-Kopalnia Train Station at Kuczkiewicza 7, 32-020 Wieliczka ( as your pick up point select Parking-Wieliczka). Please contact us we will inform you about meeting time. Please meet your SeeKrakow Tour Leader next to a sign saying: SeeKrakow Meeting Point. Please give your Voucher to SeeKrakow Tour Leader. Your voucher cannot be redeemed at the Wieliczka Salt Mine ticket office.
Check your booking on your phone or tablet
We cooperate only with qualified and experienced tour leaders and guides
We organise regular and private tours, for small and large groups
We have been named the leader of the year among tour operators a number of times. The award is presented by Wieliczka Salt Mine.