We invite you to avail yourself of the unique opportunity to visit the most beautiful nooks of the historic Salt Mine in the town of Wieliczka, active continuously since the Middle Ages. The section of the Tourist Route adapted to meet the needs of people with disabilities is rich with the most amazing works of art sculpted throughout the many centuries of laborious miners’ work continued to this day. The Tourist Route – a section of the Mine’s main route – leads down the saline corridors, uncovering the treasures of the underground town. Wieliczka – Disabled Route is a specially designed route through the underground of the Mine addressing special needs and introducing the tourists to the mining world full of majestic chambers and impressive salt statues. The Wieliczka Salt Mine was one of the first among the 12 sites to be included in the first UNESCO World Heritage List. It is one of the most frequently visited tourist sites in the world.
|Group of 2 people||215 PLN|
1. This is a private tour (organised on request).
2. Tour duration: approx. 4 hours
3. For safety reasons, before entering the museum, every participant in required to undergo a search and luggage inspection.
4. The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine allows you to bring a hand luggage item with maximum dimensions of 35 ˣ 20 ˣ 20 centimetres (13.7 ˣ 7.8 ˣ 7.8 inches).
5. Maximum admissible wheelchair width: 59 centimetres (23 inches).
6. The “Wieliczka” Salt Mine is located 135 metres (443 feet) underground, where the air temperature is approx. 14–16 Celsius degrees (57–61 Fahrenheit degrees). Therefore, the participants are required to bring warm clothes (e.g. sweaters, jackets).
7. In case you have any questions, would like to book the tour or purchase another tour for the disabled, please contact the Product Department (email@example.com).
The tour down the underground corridors of Wieliczka starts with an elevator trip to the second floor, where the main part of the sightseeing takes place. Then, the trip participants will go down in an impressive panoramic elevator to the Kazanów interlevel. Along the route, the tourists will see e.g. the Drozdowice chamber built of white wooden poles, the beautiful Weimar chamber upon a saline lake, where the visitors will listen to Frédéric Chopin’s étude, and Barącz’s lake named after Erazm Barącz in recognition of his contribution to the development of the Mine. Obviously, the route includes a visit to the famous and most notable St. Kinga’s Chapel, touching the tourists and locals’ hearts for years. The underground “pearl” of the Mine is situated at the 101-metre level underground and constitutes an excellent example of artistic and mining efforts.
Visitors who wish to use their photo cameras during the tour are requested to purchase a special permit, available at sales point along the Mine route.
The visitors are accompanied by an experienced museum guide. Groups of up to 8 people will be taken care of by the driver, who will pick them up from a designated place, take them to the site and make sure they are safely taken over by the guide. We offer transport by a private car and provide wheelchair users with transport by a specially adapted car. With a view to providing the participants with maximum comfort, we may lend you a wheelchair free of charge. The trip itinerary does not include a lunch break.
The trip is organised upon request. Should you have any questions or wish to book a tour, please contact the Product Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check your booking on your phone or tablet
We cooperate only with qualified and experienced tour leaders and guides
We organise regular and private tours, for small and large groups
We have been named the leader of the year among tour operators a number of times. The award is presented by Wieliczka Salt Mine.