The Royal Road is a picturesque route leading along some of the most famous streets and passing some of the most prominent tenement houses of the historic center of Krakow.
- Normal Ticket 26+ y.o.
- Student Ticket Ages 5-25 with valid student ID
Explore Kazimierz, the Jewish Quarter in Krakow
An unusual trip — as the locals say — to Kazimierz is an opportunity to see the beauty of the Jewish district, filled with quaint narrow streets, tenement houses, and coffee shops, where people from around the world meet every day. The story of “the city inside the city” reports the historic events the Jewish residents of the Kazimierz district and of the city of Krakow had to face.
During the guided walk, you can see the lively everyday reality of the “unfinished city” and hear the story of the heroes of the Kazimierz district commemorating their experience. The guided walk includes the exploration of historic tenement houses, artistic coffee shops, Jewish synagogues (e.g. the Old Synagogue, the Tempel Synagogue, and the Izaak Jakubowicz Synagogue), and a visit to the New Jewish Cemetery.
Finally, you go to the Podgórze district on the other side of Vistula, where you learn about the history of the Krakow Ghetto — e.g. about the former Enamel Factory of Oskar Schindler, who saved the lives of hundreds of Poles and Jews during the Nazi extermination.
- This is a walking tour, so you should wear comfortable sports shoes.
- Depending on the weather in Kraków, bring warm, waterproof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas) or sun-protective items (e.g. hats, caps, sunglasses).
- The tour price is exclusive of entrance fees to the sites en route.
- Would you like to book a private tour, transport or have a visit in another language? Do you need a separate quote for your group? Please contact us here.