Zakopane is the winter capital of Poland, thanks to its splendid natural scenery, its pistes and hiking trails, and a rich folk culture. You will begin your exploration of the area by visiting the highlander’s cottage and tasting the traditional highlander cheese ‘oscypek’. Then you will continue your tour in the regional museum. After the visit, you will take the funicular railway to the top of Mount Gubałówka for views over the granite and limestone peaks of the Tatra Mountains. Having returned to the oldest part of Zakopane, you will have a chance to visit the enormous regional market and have a lunch in a regional restaurant serving local specialities while enjoying your free time.
1. This is a regular tour (group sightseeing), but can be organised as a private tour on request.
2. Tour duration: 9–10 hours
3. Minimum number of participants: 2
4. The city of Zakopane is located at the foot of the Tatra Mountains, where the air temperature is usually lower than in Kraków, and the weather can change rapidly. Therefore, the participants are required to bring warm, waterproof clothing (e.g. sweaters, jackets, umbrellas) and sun-protective items (e.g. hats, caps, sunglasses).
5. This is partly a walking tour, so the participants should wear comfortable sports shoes.
6. The tour includes a tasting of products containing lactose.
One of the most beautiful cities in the country – Zakopane is said to be the winter capital of Poland. It is only 100 kilometres away from Kraków but its local folklore will surprise you! From charming wooden villas in the Witkiewicz style through the picturesque little shops and plenty traditional restaurants at the foot of the Tatra Mountains, Zakopane has it all. Its unique atmosphere is a result of people and Nature working in unison. In the past, many noble Polish artists lived there and had a tremendous impact on Zakopane’s history.
Our guide will pick you up from your accommodation and our private driver you will take you to Zakopane. Before we get there, we will pass the village of Chochołów (famous for its 150-year-old wooden log cabins and a unique atmosphere of serenity). After arriving in Zakopane, you will get to the top of Gubałówka Hill by a cogwheel train. Then, you will visit the regional museum, walk along the eponymous Krupówki Street, visit the regional market and taste the famous Oscypek cheese! All of those wonders are only a 2-hour drive away from Kraków!
Check your booking on your phone or tablet
We cooperate only with qualified and experienced tour leaders and guides
We organise regular and private tours, for small and large groups
We have been named the leader of the year among tour operators a number of times. The award is presented by Wieliczka Salt Mine.